Due to the current situation caused by the corona pandemic, StudyLab will operate differently than usual. This overview guides you through the initial setup needed to use StudyLab’s resources this semester.
StudyLab uses a weekly schedule as the base for its activities. As usual, TAs are available for each programme and semester as specified on the respective LearnIT pages as well as on this website (link). Due to the current restrictions on physical activities, StudyLab will use Microsoft Teams as a virtual platform for requesting help. It is still possible to meet physically with the TAs in the StudyLab room (3A50) but only when given permission by a TA. The standard procedure for requesting help is to write a message on Microsoft Teams.
How StudyLab works
StudyLab has two modes of operation, both of which serve the purpose of supporting students by providing extra help where it is needed:
- Forum sessions: Unless otherwise noted, the regular schedule follows this format. You may send requests for help to TAs through Microsoft Teams and receive help either virtually or physically. This is a great opportunity to get extra help and might be especially useful before/after tests and mandatory assignments.
- Planned activities: StudyLab will release an activity plan for each programme and semester. These activities depend on the programme but generally include recaps after tests / before exams and extracurricular courses on subjects relevant to but not covered in the curriculae of your courses.
The following is a quick-start guide for setting up Microsoft Teams and joining the correct team for your programme and semester.
- Go to the Microsoft Teams download page and follow the typical installation procedure for your system.
- After installation, open Teams and log in using your usual ITU credentials. Important: You do not need to create a new user.
- Use one of the links below to request access to your programme/semesters StudyLab team. We will check for new requests before every StudyLab session.
|Software Development - 1. semester|
|Software Development - 3. semester|
|Data Science - 1. semester|
|Data Science - 3. semester|
|Global Business Informatics - 1. semester|
|Digital Design and Interactive Technologies - 1. semester|
Overview of the Teams page
- The General channel will be used for messages from TAs.
- The Event channel will be used for event related things.
- The QA channel can be used to ask questions about StudyLab, how to use our services, etc.
- Use the Remote StudyLab channel in your team to request help during the live sessions. The channel page contains detailed instructions for how to request help.